J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge





        Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge is located in southwestern
       Florida on Sanibel Island in the Gulf of Mexico. 
         We had taken a day long ride on the west coast of Florida.  
We decided to take a drive through the refuge.  
      As we visited the center, they told me about a unique visitor               that day.  A Great White African Pelican that had found it's way there.  
Well I spent the next 2 hours trying to see this unique bird along with tons of photographers.  
I didn't have the correct lenses but I got a few shots of him. 
 The refuge is a great place to visit, the learning center is for all ages.  
The bird viewing area is great! There is lots to do from Kayaks, to hiking, along with bird watching. 
 If you are ever in the area, stop by for a sightseeing tour or a 4 mile drive!























Comments

  1. Gloria, I love this Blog! I have wanted to go to Ding Darling and so glad you had photos. I hear that a lot of spoonbills are there and that is the bird I have wanted to spend time photographing. Thank you for sharing your journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, so glad you love the blog and photos. You would love Ding Darling! Plenty of photographic opportunities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Copyright © Another Road Trip