Can't Miss The Sunset On St. Simon Island, Georgia

St. Simons Island Pier




As a child,  I visited my family living in Brunswick, Georgia.  I would always see the signs leading to St. Simons Island.  I decided to visit as a teenager, I was in store for a pleasant surprise.  A little town with a beach, pier, restaurants and shops.  Okay it was nice and clean no big deal!  As I got older I would always stop by every now and then.






The Travel + Leisure ranked St. Simon #1 among "America's Favorite Beach Towns"( in a reader's poll)
Coastal Living Magazine ranked St. Simon Island "America's Happiest Seaside Towns"
USA Today ranked the island among "Most Romantic Beaches In Georgia and the Carolina's.


St. Simon Island also ranks #5 on the "Top 10 Islands in the United States" by Conde Nast Traveler. 



































This same little Island that I've visited so many times is ranked amongst the best!! I decided to grab my camera and head back to the island and capture it's beauty.  

As I get older the island presents so much beauty I took for granted.  The roads are lined with 100 year old live oak trees with spanish moss, the little village now is so breathtaking to me.  
The beautiful sunsets I've photographed so many times seems to just take my breath away.






The many fishermen I stood around and watched( as if I never saw them before) seemed so amazing. 






The unspoiled beaches and winding roads, the historic lighthouse had a different meaning. The shops in the village looked like I took a step back in time.




On the pier I met a crabber that didn't mind sharing how he reeled in his catch.  The town people have that southern hospitality that I remember.  The pelicans are still trying to grab a fisherman's catch.   I heard golfers love the island too.
Didn't have too much time to spend here, but I'll definitely visit again and again.  Sometimes we just have to revisit and look at things differently.  It's always been there, I just had to see it!!

Comments

Copyright © Another Road Trip